The following announcement was written by the Board for Certification of Genealogists:
Returning for another three-year term as trustees of the Board for Certification of Genealogists are:
- Alison Hare, CG, of Ottawa, Ontario. She has been certified since 1999. She presented a lecture on the 1854 London cholera epidemic at this year’s National Genealogical Society conference.
- Debra S. Mieszala, CG, of Libertyville, Illinois. She has been certified since 2002. She blogs at “The Advancing Genealogist” and specializes in forensic genealogy, 20th-century research, and the Midwest.
- Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL, of Avenel, New Jersey. She has been certified since 2012, serves on the executive committee this year as member-at-large, and speaks at conferences coast to coast.
Joining them are two newly elected trustees:
- Judy Kellar Fox, CG, of Aloha, Oregon. She has been certified since 2007. She co-edits BCG’s blog Springboard, and specializes in Pennsylvania, Virginia, France, and Germany.
- Richard G. Sayre, CG, CGL, of Herriman, Utah. He has been certified since 2007, serves as BCG booth coordinator, and teaches military records, land records, using maps in genealogy, urban research, and government documents.
All 15 trustees are certified, and all serve without compensation. Five are elected by certified associates each year. The new trustees’ terms of office will begin at the end of the October 10 trustees’ meeting in Salt Lake City.
For questions or more information contact: Nicki Birch, CG, office@BCGcertification.org.
CG, Certified Genealogist, CGL, and Certified Genealogical Lecturer are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by board certificants after periodic evaluation.