The following announcement was written by the Historical Society of Pennsylvania:
The Historical Society of Pennsylvania will sponsor its third annual Family History Days, a genealogical conference to be held at the Society featuring two days of presentations by notable genealogists and historians:
- David Rencher, Certified Genealogist®, Chief Genealogical Officer for FamilySearch and vice-president of the International Society for British Genealogy and Family History.
- Dr. Blaine Bettinger, founder of The Genetic Genealogist and author of I Have the Results of My Genetic Genealogy Test, Now What?
- Dr. Bruce Durie, Founder of the of the Genealogical, Heraldic, and Paleographic Studies Program at University of Strathclyde, Scotland.
- Maureen Taylor, “The Photo Detective,” an internationally recognized expert on historic photograph identification, photo preservation, and family history research.
- James Beidler, author of The Family Tree German Genealogy Guide and “Roots & Branches” columnist.
- Jen Baldwin, Data Licensing Manager, North America for Findmypast.
- Aaron McWilliams, reference archivist at the Pennsylvania State Archives.
- Jill Rawnsley, preservation consultant at the Philadelphia City Archives.
- Sandra Hewlett, Certified Genealogist®, professional genealogist and a current board member of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania.
- Jim Ison, manager at FamilySearch and both an Accredited & Certified Genealogist®.
- Individual days (either March 18 or 19): $75 for HSP & Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania (GSP) members, $100 for nonmembers
- Both days: $130 for HSP & GSP members, $195 for nonmembers (includes 1-year membership to HSP.)
For a complete schedule of lectures and presentations, click here or visit hsp.org/FHD.
Family History Days is made possible through the collaboration of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania, FamilySearch, Findmypast, the Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania, the Greater Philadelphia Area Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists, and Southwest Airlines Co.