The following announcement was written by the (US) National Genealogical Society:
ARLINGTON, VA, 11 APRIL 2016—The National Genealogical Society (NGS) announces the release of its mobile app for the NGS 2016 Family History Conference, which will be held 4‒7 May 2016, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The app is available for iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, and web-enabled devices. To download the free NGS mobile app, go to http://conference.ngsgenealogy.org/attend/mobile-app/.
With the NGS 2016 mobile app, you can:
- Stay organized with up-to-the-minute exhibitor, speaker, and event information
- Sync the app across all of your devices with Multi-Device Sync
- Receive important real-time communications from NGS
- Build a personalized schedule with times and locations of sessions
- Locate and bookmark exhibitors on the convention center maps
- Take notes and download event handouts and presentations
- Rate and comment on the sessions you attend
- Find attendees and connect with your colleagues through Friends
- Stay in-the-know and join in on social media with #NGS2016GEN
- And much, much more!
We encourage you to begin using the app now so you can improve your conference experience in Fort Lauderdale.
Founded in 1903, the National Genealogical Society is dedicated to genealogical education, exemplary standards of research, and the preservation of genealogical records. The Arlington, Virginia, based nonprofit is the premier national society for everyone, from the beginner to the most advanced family historian, seeking excellence in publications, educational offerings, and guidance in research. It also offers many opportunities to interact with other genealogists. Please visit the NGS Pressroom for further information.