If you are a baby boomer, August 17 is your day! Baby Boomers Recognition Day is being celebrated on August 17, 2016. It is a time of merriment, revelry and appreciation for the many contributions made by Boomers to our society.
According to the Baby Boomers Recognition Day web site at http://babyboomersrecognitionday.com/:
Do you remember those younger days when we danced, enjoyed life, and rocked the world? Everyone paid attention to us and what we were doing. Celebrating that fun-loving side of ourselves is what happens on the days leading up to August 17, 2016.
The Boomers Recognition Day Coalition is a voluntary network of Boomer sites, blogs and active individuals who are working together to promote this day of celebration and enjoyment of life by Boomers everywhere.
Any active Boomer can become a member by sending an email to us at this address showing your city and state (or country if outside the USA).
Those members who are willing to help out can also take on additional responsibilities to help communicate what is going on or organize additional activities. Just let us know you’d like to get in on more of the fun.
Enjoy this day. Enjoy being a Boomer.
The time to start planning is NOW.
Concerts by major rock artists and bands have been arranged for the weekend leading up to Baby Boomers Recognition Day. There are twenty of them, and they are playing in so many places that there may be one near you. Check it out — this is a great way to enjoy an evening with lots of Boomers who know how to have a good time!
- Brian Wilson (June 19) San Diego, California
- Brit Floyd—Pink Floyd Tribute (June 21) Saratoga, California
- Bryan Adams (June 20) Gilford, New Hampshire
- Chicago (June 20) Woodinville, Washington
- David Crosby (June 19) Morristown, New Jersey
- Doobie Brothers (June 20) Troutdale, Oregon
- Elton John (June 20) Aberdeen, Scotland
- Fleetwood Mac (June 20) Dublin, Ireland
- Gordon Lightfoot (June 20) Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Gregg Allman (June 20) Laughlin, Nevada
- Jimmy Buffett (June 20) Bristow, Virginia
- John Mellencamp (June 20) Augusta, Georgia
- Journey (June 20) Los Angeles, California
- Lynyrd Skynyrd (June 19) Alpharetta, Georgia
- Paul McCartney (June 21) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Peter Frampton (June 20) Welch, Minnesota
- Rolling Stones (June 20) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Sammy Hagar (June 20) Huber Heights, Ohio
- Steve Miller Band (June 21) Hyannis, Massachusetts
- Whitesnake (June 20) Houston, Texas
You can read more at http://babyboomersrecognitionday.com.