The Journal of Multidisciplinary Research is an international, peer-reviewed academic journal. It has just published a Special Issue on Genealogy & Family History. This is a huge step in the long journey towards academization of genealogy.
Genealogy-related articles in the Special Issue on Genealogy & Family History include:
- Critical Family History: Situating Family within Contexts of Power Relationships by Christine E. Sleeter
- Memory and Belonging: The Social Construction of a Collective Memory during the Intercultural Transition of Immigrants from Argentina in Israel by Yaakov M. Bayer
- Recuperating Ethnic Identity through Critical Genealogy by Christine Scodari
- 200 Years of Scottish Jewry: A Demographic and Genealogical Profile by Kenneth Collins, Neville Lamdan, and Michael Tobias
- The Genealogist’s Information World: Creating Information in the Pursuit of a Hobby by Crystal Fulton
- Review of Genealogía Cubana: San Isidoro de Holguín: Padrón de las casas y familias de este Pueblo de San Isidoro de Holguín hecho en el mes de Febrero del año del Señor del 1735, by W. Navarrete and M. D. Espino by Lourdes Del Pino
The Journal of Multidisciplinary Research can be found at http://www.jmrpublication.org with the latest Special Issue on Genealogy & Family History available at: http://www.jmrpublication.org/portals/jmr/Issues/JMR8-1.pdf.