The AncestryProGenealogists division of Ancestry.com has a job opening for a full-time genealogist in the Annapolis, Maryland area. The job posting on GlassDoor.com states:
The Genealogist Researcher position at AncestryProGenealogists is designed for an individual who is passionate about family history and has the skill and desire to work closely with Research Managers to investigate and solve client family history problems. Key to this role is extensive experience in genealogical research and methods. This is a professional position with potential for excellent growth within the organization for the right person.
This opportunity may have the ability to work remote in various locations throughout the United States, with concentration in and around the mid-Atlantic.
An AncestryProGenealogists Genealogist Researcher should be able to:
- Conduct effective and efficient genealogical research at various archives, libraries, online, and onsite in order to solve a client’s research needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of available sources and archives from around the world.
- Work closely with Research Managers to determine a research plan and execute on that plan, with close adherence to time allocation and deadlines
- Thoroughly and efficiently analyze and solve complicated genealogical problems, especially those in which there is no direct evidence, or those in which analysis of evidence is particularly difficult
- Compile documents and present research findings in an organized, clear, and coherent manner, either through a written summary or a report
- Work in a fast-paced team environment while helping to direct the work of contracted and in-house researchers
- Serve as a teacher and mentor to other researchers, sharing information about records, search techniques, and research methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Family History, History, Psychology, Sociology, or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Genealogical certification or accreditation (CG, AG)
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Minimum 8-10 years of professional genealogical research experience
- Experience managing client-facing projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Publisher
- Self-starter who is hard-working, persistent, and able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented
You can learn more at https://goo.gl/ZOBI4n.