Plus Edition Newsletter Has Been Sent

To all Plus Edition subscribers:

A notice of the latest EOGN Plus Edition newsletter was sent to you a few minutes ago. Here are the articles in this week’s Plus Edition newsletter:

(+) Publishing Your Genealogy Book on Demand

Using a Chromebox as My Primary Day-to-day Computer

GEDmatch Implements Required Opt-In for Law Enforcement Matching

The Reasons Why GEDmatch Recently Changed Its Terms of Service

MyHeritage Offers Free Access to Military Records for Memorial Day

Geoff Rasmussen of Announces a Rare 50% off Special on Webinar Memberships

23andMe is Updating Ancestry Results Without Telling Users

Book Review: The People of…series of books by David Dobson

Book Review: Women Patriots in the American Revolution

German Holocaust Archive puts Millions of Documents Online

New Transcription Workflow: African American Civil War Soldiers

Registrations for the Nijmegen Four Days Marches (1921-1939) are Now Online

Luther Byrd Genealogical Collections from Surry Community College are Now Online at DigitalNC

New Records Available To Search This Findmypast Friday

FamilySearch Celebrates 20 Years Online

Association of Professional Genealogists Now Accepting Applications for Young Professional Scholarship, 1st of July Deadline

Airbnb Partners With 23andMe to Make It Easier for People to Get In Touch With Their Roots

Struggling Care Worker Becomes Lord of $60 Million English Estate After DNA Test Proves He’s an Heir

Recent Updates to the Calendar of Genealogy Events

NOTE: If you are a Plus Edition subscriber and yet you did not receive the email notice in your in-box, take a look in your spam folder. It probably is there. Most email programs have (optional) filters that you can specify to make sure future Plus Edition notices get sent correctly to your in-box. For instance, GMail users can find instructions at Most other email programs have similar capabilities.

To all non-subscribers:

If you would like to read this week’s Plus Edition newsletter, you can sign up for a subscription by looking at the menus to the right and clicking on “Subscribe to or Renew the Plus Edition Newsletter.” Once you subscribe, you will be given immediate access to the Plus Edition web site and will be able to read the latest Plus Edition newsletter, along with the two previous weekly Plus Edition editions.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dick Eastman at


Dear Mr Eastman, The promised Plus Edition Newsletter was never received. Respectfully, Robert E Kenyon III

Sent from my iPhone



    OK, but I do know the notice was sent. There is only one list and it is updated weekly a few minutes before each mailing. Either the email messages were sent to everyone or to no one. I have already received email messages from several people who did receive it. I also received several “out of the office” messages this week so I know the emails were received at those addresses.

    I do realize that perhaps 95% to 98% of those email messages get delivered with the exact percentage probably varying from week to week. The other 2% to 5% get blocked by spam filters. Sadly, that is very common.

    Details may be found at:

    – Dick Eastman


Leave a Reply

Name and email address are required. Your email address will not be published.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <pre> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong> 

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: