Friday will be “Workshop Day” that includes:
- Patricia Hobbs-Working with GEDMatch (hands on, charged laptop needed)
- Karen Stanbary-Introduction to Chromosome Mapping & DNA Painter (presentation)
The full conference will meet on Saturday and the sessions will include:
- A Roadmap to Solving Genealogical Problems with Autosomal DNA, Part 1 (Patricia Hobbs)
- DNA Company Testing Tools (Karen Stanbury)
- DNA in Native American Research – An Intermediate Discussion (Nancy Lecompte)
- A Roadmap to Solving Genealogical Problems with Autosomal DNA, Part 2 (Patricia Hobbs)
- Common Mistakes with DNA (Karen Stanbary)
- Overlooked X Chromosome Matches (Helen Shaw)
Anyone who registers before August 20 will be entered into a drawing with the first prize is a DNA kit from My Heritage.
More info can be found on the Maine Genealogical Society’s blog at https://maineroots.org/blog/ with registration information and further details available on the Society’s website at: https://maineroots.org/product/2019-fall-conference/.